Dr Roger Bell Vascular Surgeon Melbourne
Dr Roger Bell is a Vascular Surgeon with over 25 years’ specialist experience. Upon obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of WA in 1979, he received his General Surgical Fellowship from the Australasian College of Surgeons in 1988.
Dr Bell built his specialist expertise in Vascular Surgery and Transplantation Surgery with fellowships at the National Liver Transplant Unit in Sydney, and the Vascular Unit at St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
Dr Bell became the head of Vascular Surgery at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in WA before relocating to Melbourne in 2000 to become the Vascular/Transplantation Surgeon at Monash Medical Centre, he is currently the head of the Surgical Transplant team.
He has published and lectured widely in the fields of vascular surgery and transplantation surgery over the years, working as a Senior Lecturer in the University Department of Surgery for five years where he was instrumental in establishing the Liver Transplant Unit in WA.
Dr Roger Bell’s treatment options
Mr Roger Bell provides a comprehensive vascular service treating the entire range of vascular conditions using open and endovascular techniques.
- Varicose and Spider Vein treatments offered are Endovenous Laser, Radio Frequency Ablation, Surgery, Micro or Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy and Cutera Laser
- Peripheral Vascular Disease is treated with open or endovascular techniques
- endoluminal grafting for aortic aneurysms
- Carotid stenosis by endarterectomy
- Endofibrosis in elite athletes
- Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis or facial blushing
- Lumbar Sympathectomy for plantar hyperhidrosis
- MiraDry for a permanent, dramatic reduction in axillary hyperhidrosis/and or odour
Dr Roger Bell’s special interests
Mr Bell has a particular interest in helping his patients manage hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and facial blushing by endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) and has performed more than 800 procedures with outstanding results, as well as effectively stopping problematic hyperhidrosis of the feet with lumbar sympathectomy.
He can also provide support and long-lasting solutions to manage endofibrosis in elite athletes, the treatment of varicose veins with endovenous laser and miraDry treatment for excessive underarm sweating and body odour.