Vascular, Endovascular and Transplantation Surgeon
Moonee Ponds - Malvern - Clayton - Gisborne
Mr Roger Bell
Mr Roger Bell is a Vascular Surgeon with over 25 years experience in this specialty field. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of WA in 1979, and received his General Surgical Fellowship from the Australasian College of Surgeons in 1988.
He then went onto specialise in Vascular Surgery and Transplantation Surgery with fellowships at the National Liver Transplant Unit in Sydney under the supervision of Prof Ross Sheil, and the Vascular Unit at St Thomas’ Hospital in London under Prof Norman Browse.
Working as a Senior Lecturer in the University Department of Surgery for 5 years, he was instrumental in establishing the Liver Transplant Unit in WA. He then became the head of Vascular Surgery at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, one of the major teaching hospitals in WA.
Relocating to Melbourne in 2000, Mr Bell took on the position of Vascular/Transplantation Surgeon at Monash Medical Centre in Clayton, and is currently the head of the Surgical Transplant team.
He has published and lectured widely in the fields of vascular surgery and transplantation surgery over the years. He remains heavily involved in the training and supervision of many young aspiring surgical trainees.
Mr Bell has developed a particular interest in the management of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and facial blushing by endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy and has performed over 800 procedures with outstanding results over the past 15 years, as well as effectively stopping problematic hyperhidrosis of the feet with lumbar sympathectomy. Other interests include the management of endofibrosis in elite athletes, the treatment of varicose veins with endovenous laser and miraDry treatment for excessive underarm sweating and body odour.
MR ROGER BELL TREATS THE ENTIRE RANGE OF VASCULAR DISORDERS INCLUDING:
- Varicose Veins - Surgical intervention or Endovenous laser therapy
- Spider Veins - injection sclerotherapy
- Peripheral Vascular Disease - angiogram/angioplasty and stenting
- Aortic Aneurysms - Endoluminal grafting
- Carotid Stenosis - Endarterectomy
- Ovarian vein coil embolisation
- Palmar/Hand Hyperhidrosis-EndoscopicThoracic Sympathectomy (ETS)
- Plantar/Feet hyperhidrosis - Lumbar Sympathectomy
- Facial Blushing - EndoscopicThoracic Sympathectomy
- Excessive underarm sweating/body odour- miraDry treatment
- Endofibrosis - Iliac Artery Endarterectomy and vein patch angioplasty
- On site Vascular Imaging Service, staffed by fully accredited Vascular Sonographer
Mr Bell is a Staff Specialist at the Monash Medical Centre. Patients can be treated at John Fawkner Hospital Coburg, Cabrini Hospital Malvern, Epworth Hospital Richmond, St.Vincents Private Fitzroy & Jessie McPherson Hospital Clayton (depending on the admission type)